Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Texas Filmmaker Production Fund

Well I just mailed off my Texas Filmmaker Production Fund application. It feels good. This is the first in a series of grants that I'm applying for. I'm a prime candidate for this award, not only because I'm a Texas resident, but mostly because I'm a first-time feature film director and I'm doing a feature-length documentary. Plus my documentary subject is pretty frickin' cool.

It's not my best work but it works. Here's what I submitted as my work sample.


TFPF 2011 Work Sample from sarah gonzography on Vimeo.



I'm not going to get my hopes up about the TFPF grant. A lot super talented people apply to it every year so I know the competition is stiff. If I don't get it, I will just try again next year and hope for the best. Getting this grant would be amazing because it would be the catalyst to all the other grants. Grants are funny like that, they usually want to give to you if another grant has already awarded you a grant.

I should feel really good but I can't help but feel like I forgot something. I keep reminding myself that there is no use worrying about something I can't do anything about now.

We're still doing our Indiegogo Campaign and it's going well; I appreciate all the contributions but we're not where I would have liked to be. I hope that the next 60 is goes well.

1 comment:

  1. I love the movie! Would be really great if you get the grant and would continue such a great job!

    ReplyDelete